Attorney-at-law, Representative before the EUIPO (European trademarks and designs)
Anne began her Intellectual Property career in the US, working with a firm in Alexandria, Virginia. As a registered trademark attorney in 1992, she became a partner with the IP law firm BDSA, later Bredema, where she led the Trademarks and Designs department. In 2008, she opened the Trademarks division in France of Gevers international law firm.
Anne became a member of the Bar in 2014 and founded her own Intellectual Property practice which developed into ALATIS.
Her primary focus is on trademark, patent-design, copyright registration and enforcement. Her trademark practice covers a wide range of industries such as cosmetics and pharmaceutical products, luxury goods and consumer products, hotel management, entertainment and insurance services, software and aeronautics with a focus on international matters. She also holds extensive experience with domain names acquisition, customs seizures and licensing or transactional agreements involving IP rights.
Anne trained at the CEIPI (Center for International Intellectual Property Studies) in Strasbourg and holds a Master’s degree in Corporate Law. She is an active member of several professional organizations:
- Member of INTA (International Trademark Association)
- Member of APRAM (Association des praticiens du droit des marques)
- Administrator of the EACC (European American Chamber of Commerce) – Paris, Cincinnati, New York
- Founding Director of the Intellectual Property and Innovation Committee
- Why Louboutin Matters: What Red Soles Teach Us About the Strategy of Trade Dress Protection – TMR Vol. 105, 2016
- United States Annual Review (Inta) – Editorial Board 2012-2020
To contact Anne Desmousseaux: email@example.com
This post is also available in: French